Scientific Expert Testimony & Consulting
Clarify the strengths of your case, avoid pitfalls, get the best evidence-based information.
- The latest science can expose weak points in the other side's case. Dr. Stone can testify as a scientific expert witness, and help you question the other side's witnesses effectively.
- Even without testifying, in an hour or two, Dr. Stone can explain the science that will strengthen your case, and help you pick apart the other side's expert testimony.
- Befuddled by psychologists' and doctors' jargon? Dr. Stone can clarify psychologists' reports, and can guide you in the key questions to ask to get the best information from an assessment, and to help clinicians you use as expert witnesses to shine.
- Unlike expert witnesses who are clinicians, Dr. Stone has spent 18 years teaching brain science to undergraduates, making complex technical ideas clear to non-experts. She can explain psychological tests and brain science in clear terms for non-psychologists.
- B.A. Harvard, 1985
- Ph.D. Stanford, 1990
- More Details
- University of California, Davis, Center for Neuroscience, 1993-97
- Cambridge University, England, 1997-98
- University of Denver, 1998-2003
- University of Queensland, Australia, 2003-2008
When you get test results from expert psychologists, be certain those tests are well-grounded in science. Make sure psychologists and doctors involved with your clients' cases do the psychological tests and brain imaging most relevant to the case. Dr. Stone provides the best value not in doing assessments, but in providing information on the latest research that provides the scientific evidence base for neuroimaging and psychological tests commonly used, and in pointing to some newly available tests. More details of Dr. Stone's background on the About Us page to the left.
Dr. Valerie E. Stone